Versatile GY-HM600 Features Wide Angle
23x Zoom Lens, Superior Low-Light Performance
- WAYNE, NJ (April 16, 2012) – JVC Professional Products Company, a division of JVC Americas Corp., today announced the GY-HM600, a next-generation handheld ProHD camera that delivers exceptional imagery and features for news, sports, and independent production. It features a built-in wide angle 23x autofocus zoom lens, delivers superior low-light performance, and provides excellent sensitivity (F11 at 2000 lux) in a comfortable, versatile form factor. The new HD camera will be demonstrated at the 2012 NAB Show (Booth C4314) in Las Vegas, Nev., April 16-19.
- The lightweight camera records HD or SD footage in multiple file formats, including native XDCAM EX™ (.MP4), Final Cut Pro™ (.MOV), and AVCHD, to non-proprietary SDHC or SDXC media cards. In addition to relay mode for uninterrupted recording, the GY-HM600 allows simultaneous recording to both memory cards for instant backup or client copy.
- “JVC understands the needs of today’s video professionals, and our new GY-HM600 delivers innovation without compromise,” said Craig Yanagi, manager, marketing and brand strategy. “It sets a new standard of performance for handheld cameras with incredible optics, intuitive operation, and the industry’s fastest shoot-to-edit workflow.”
- With a 1.22 MP color viewfinder and color 3.5-inch LCD, the GY-HM600 is versatile enough to handle tripod-based shots and run-and-gun situations. A second trigger and servo zoom control on the built-in handle make it easy to record while holding the camera at low or high angles, while the Pre Rec (retro cache) feature continuously records and stores up to five seconds of footage in cache memory to help prevent missed shots of breaking events.
- The GY-HM600 is equipped with three, 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors, each with 1920x1080 pixels. The built-in Fujinon HD lensfeatures a wide focal range of 29mm-667mm (35mm equivalent) and has manual focus, zoom, and iris rings, along with three ND filters. Other features include auto-focus with face detection and an optical image stabilizer.
- A built-in stereo microphone is ideal for capturing natural sound, but the GY-HM600 also includes two XLR inputs with phantom power and a shotgun mic holder, as well as a headphone jack and separate input for a wireless mic receiver. The GY-HM600 is equipped with a LANC remote connector and is compatible with JVC's ProHD Compact Studio ProHD seven-inch monitor for an affordable studio system. Plus, the camera includes a time-code synchronization input as well as HD-SDI and HDMI outputs.
- The GY-HM600 has a suggested list price of $4,695 and will be available in Fall 2012.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you