The Cobalt® BBG-1002-UDX-FS 3G/HD/SD-SDI standalone dual-channel - path 1 UDX/path 2 frame sync with audio embed/de-embed offers two independent signal paths - one path of full up/down/cross conversion, frame sync and audio embedding/de-embedding and the other path economically offering frame sync and audio embedding/de-embedding. The BBG-1002-UDX-FS is another new Cobalt model representing a new level of standalone packaging density.
The BBG-1002-UDX-FS provides high-density that offers unprecedented multi-input support and flexibility. The up/down/cross convert scaler is specifically designed for broadcast video formats, with full ARC control suitable for conversions to or from 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. AFD processing can detect an incoming AFD code and correspondingly set scaling and ARC to track with AFD. This processor also allows independent custom ARC to be applied for each incoming AFD code, and set the desired AFD code to be inserted on the output, even if there is no code detected on the input. Analog video (CVBS) input, with AES and analog audio audio embedding and de-embedding is also supported and can work with either of the unit’s two processing channels.
Audio embed adaptive SRC allows asynchronous 48 kHz AES audio to automatically sync with program video 48 kHz timing for glitch-free embedding. Individual, per-pair SRC auto-detects and disables SRC when a Dolby pair is detected on an input pair. Bulk and per-channel audio delay controls easily address lip-sync issues. Quality Check option +QC allows failover to alternate inputs based on user-configurable criteria such as black/frozen frame. Included standard is closed captioning absence/presence detection that allows CEA 608/708 and line 21 SD CC absence or presence to be detected, with event actions consisting of GPO, automated alert email actions, or go-to device user presets or other actions.
A convenient input crosspoint can select from up to four SDI inputs to be applied to either of the unit’s two processing paths. The input crosspoint allows manual or failover to alternate inputs on loss of input conditions. Option +TTS provides high-quality Text-To-Speech synthesis, directly converting EAS text to digital audio speech with no baseband signal breakouts or add-ons. With option +ANC, the BBG-1002-UDX-FS offers full VANC/HANC ancillary data packet de-embedding and embedding.
- Multi-input RP168 clean switch, with manual selection or GPI controlled input selection, path inputs can also be sourced from opposite path output with no external patching
- Auto-changeover can be set to invoke failover for basic input loss
- Quality Check option (+QC) provides alert actions on criteria such as black/frozen frame, audio silence and closed-captioning absence
- Threshold and hold-off are user configurable
- Up/Down/cross conversion with user and AFD ARC (Path 1) specifically tailored for broadcast video
- Frame sync with full H/V offset and manual/LOS video pattern generator
- Pattern generator for each channel can provide raster/test pattern and patterns for LOS failover
- Timecode processing can prioritize, filter for, and convert between specific SMPTE embedded-video or audio LTC, with output/burn-in timecode using selected format
- Advanced audio processing allows routing, gain, delay, and flexible mixing as standard features
- Full audio crosspoint with delay control and 5.1-to-stereo downmix available for all audio outputs
- Video options include color correction
- Upgrade option +UDX-FS-to-UDX-FS converts path 2 to full UDX/frame sync
- CVBS analog video input and analog/AES embed/de-embed with 4-line adaptive comb filter
- Pattern generator for each channel can provide raster/test pattern and patterns for LOS failover insertion
- Compact footprint - up to 3 units in a 1RU space, optional tray provides secure captive-fastener mounting of 3 units in a 1RU tray
- Remote control/monitoring via DashBoard™ software, OGCP-9000 remote control panel or web browser user interface