The all-new Cobalt® BBG-1003-UDX-ADDA 3G/HD/SD-SDI Modular Universal Format Converter with CVBS/YPbPr Video I/O, Up/Down/Cross Conversion, Framesync, AES and Analog Audio Embedding / De-Embedding provides a high-density modular standalone solution that offers unprecedented multi-input support, flexibility, and ease of use and integration for SDI and analog video and discrete audio. Frame sync provides glitch-free audio upon framesync events, with video/audio offsets user configurable. Audio embed adaptive SRC allows asynchronous 48 kHz AES audio to automatically sync with program video 48 kHz timing for glitch-free embedding. Individual, per-pair SRC auto-detects and disables SRC when a Dolby pair is detected on an input pair.
With option +ANC, the BBG-1003-UDX-ADDA offers full VANC/HANC ancillary data packet de-embedding and embedding for 3G/HD/SD-SDI streams. The easy to use interface allows direct access to DID and SDID locations to extract or insert user data such as camera PTZ, SCTE 104, closed-captioning read/insert, GPI/GPO via ANC, or other specialized user payloads. Data can be extracted and inserted within the unit, bypassing the scaler (Bridge mode), or inserted and/or extracted to and from external interface via serial or IP interfaces.
Multiple SDI input ports allow selection from multiple input sources with clean switching performed on the RP168 switch line. Both CVBS and component analog video is supported both as inputs and outputs.
The up/down/cross convert scaler is specifically designed for broadcast video formats, with full ARC control suitable for conversions to or from 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Timecode can be received and prioritized among any standard SMPTE embedded or audio LTC timecode, and in turn outputted and burned-in on the output video.
Preset save/load allows saving custom settings while allowing one-button revert to factory settings. Layered presets allow invoking changes related only to a specific area of concern (audio routing, for example) while not changing any other processing settings or aspects. The BBG-1003-UDX-ADDA uses a built-in web server that allows control/monitor over computers or smart devices from anywhere accessible over the web; no special apps or plug-ins are required for remote control (can also be remote-controlled using DashBoard™). The compact 1/3-rack size of the BBG-1002-UDX allows 3 units to be installed in a 1RU space (an optional mounting tray is available that provides secure mounting
- Multi-input, with SDI RP168 switch line clean switching
- Universal I/O support - analog CVBS and component inputs and outputs, as well as analog and AES audio embed/de-embed. 10-bit processing with 5-line adaptive comb filtered SD Y/C separation.
- Framesync with full H/V offset and manual/LOS video pattern generator
- Up/Down/Cross Conversion and ARC specifically tailored for broadcast video
- Timecode processing can prioritize, filter for, and convert between specific SMPTE embedded-video or audio LTC
- Full audio crosspoint with delay control and 5.1-to-stereo downmix available for all audio outputs
- Option +ANC adds full user VANC/HANC packet insertion/extraction access to DID/SDID ancillary data such as camera PTZ, SCTE 104, closed captioning, and other specialized user payloads
- Multi-mode setup includes Bridge mode (device internal path with scaler bypass bridging) or Insert/Extract modes for insert/extract to or from IP/serial external interfaces
- Available color correction option
- Low-power/high-density design - less than 13 Watts
- Compact footprint - up to 3 units in a 1RU space. Optional tray provides secure captive-fastener mounting of 3 units in a 1RU tray
- Web-based user interface/remote control as well as front-panel pushbutton menu-based local control with LCD status/net ID
- Also controllable using DashBoard remote control
- Five year warranty