Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Model: PowerLite L265F
Epson Partners with Artist Refik Anadol to Create Immersive Displays Blending Light and Art with Laser 3LCD Projection at InfoComm
Art Installations Highlight Image Quality of New Epson Pro L1000-Series Large Venue Laser Projectors and SureColor T-Series Wide-Format Printers
LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 24, 2016 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today announced it has partnered with award-winning media artist and designer Refik Anadol to create two immersive projector installations blending light and art at the upcoming InfoComm Show in Las Vegas. Leveraging Epson’s new Pro L1000-Series large venue laser projectors, Anadol will demonstrate the new models’ high image quality and flexibility benefits in a unique and tangible way. The installations will be showcased at InfoComm in Las Vegas from June 8-10, 2016 at Epson’s booth, #C6333.
“Light is an important part of my work, used to create new spaces and blur and interconnect the boundaries between physical and virtual realms,” said Anadol. “Working with Epson’s new Pro L-Series laser projectors provides the image quality, reliability and flexibility I need to display my work, allowing me to focus on the art and design, and not worry about the technology.”
The Pro L1000-Series laser projectors and the Epson SureColor® T7270 wide format printer were leveraged for the creation of the two installations to be shown at InfoComm:
- Infinity: Using the Pro L1000-Series projectors, Anadol will construct an immersive environment designed to create a perception of presence in a non-physical world. The projectors allow Anadol to transform a conventional flat screen into a three-dimensional space of visualization.
- Cavity: Anadol will project images from the Pro L1000-Series on three printed surfaces, created with the SureColor T7270 44-inch wide printer. Exploring the ephemeral nature of space, this installation suggests that perhaps all spaces and facades have the potential to be used as artist canvases.
“Partnering with Refik Anadol provides a unique opportunity to showcase our new laser projectors while also providing InfoComm attendees with a memorable experience that brings projection and art to life,” said Sean Gunduz, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Through this experience, attendees can see firsthand how Epson’s Pro L-Series are ideal large venue applications, from a wide color gamut for brilliant and complex images to up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation3.”
More about the Pro L1000-Series Laser Projectors
The Pro L1000-Series are the first projectors to integrate a laser-light source with an inorganic phosphor wheel in combination with inorganic LCD panels and Epson’s proprietary 3LCD technology to deliver advanced performance, quality, reliability, and flexibility. The Pro L1000-Series comes in six models ranging from 6,000 to 12,000 lumens of color and white brightness1, and offers nine optional lenses, including the world’s first zero-offset ultra short-throw lens2. These Epson 3LCD laser projectors offer several advantages for large venue installations:
- Image Quality: With a highly efficient light engine, Epson’s 3LCD laser projectors can reproduce spectacular images with up to 12,000 lumens of color and white brightness1 and are ideal for large venues such as auditoriums, concert halls, lecture halls, and sanctuaries.
- Reliability: Epson’s LCD panels and phosphor wheel are made of inorganic material with superior light and heat resistance; combining these in a laser projector results in bright, vibrant images and up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free use, including 24/7 operation3.
- Flexibility: Epson’s lineup of 3LCD laser projectors is designed for a host of venues and applications; supporting 360-degree installation, edge-blending, stacking, portrait-mode projection, mapping, and a large variety of lens options.
More about the SureColor T-Series Printers
The Epson SureColor T-Series wide-format printers leverage Epson’s latest PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead and Epson UltraChrome® XD pigment ink, to provide technical, corporate and marketing professionals an unprecedented combination of precision, performance and brilliance. Available in both single- and dual-roll models, the SureColor T-Series delivers extreme line accuracy with resolutions up to 2880 x 1440 dpi at incredibly fast speeds. In addition, the SureColor T-Series 36- and 44-inch printer models offer an optional multifunction (MFP) module, enabling PC-free full color copy and scan capabilities – up to 36-inches wide – at best-in-class speeds for added convenience.
More about Refik Anadol
Anadol is a media artist and director born in Istanbul, Turkey. Working at the forefront of digital art, Anadol’s work has been seen in exhibitions and projected on public buildings in Los Angeles; Santa Fe; Montreal; Geneva; Brussels; Herford, Germany; and Sydney, Australia. Anadol was born in Istanbul, Turkey and currently living and working in Los Angeles, Calif., he is a lecturer at UCLA’s Department of Design Media Arts. For more information, visit www.refikanadol.com.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 67,000 employees in 90 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).
Central Ohio Audio Video
6650 Busch Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43229
Can I return an item for credit?
Hours of Operation?
Private Policy, Personal Data, and Cookies
6650 Busch Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43229
Office: (877) 432-8273
Fax: (614) 848-6189