IDK shipping the MSD 7200 series of 4K switcher.
Booth 1473/ InfoComm Connections/NAB Show. Nov. 9-10, Javits Convention Center, New York NY
Brookfield, Connecticut – October 28, 2016 – IDK announces the shipping of the MSD 7200 Series switchers. The MSD 7200 series is an A/V multi-format-switch that provides all of the advantages of the firm’s proven high performance, high quality MSD product line and now supports full 4K, 4:4:4 @ 60Hz signal processing. Available in 4 configurations from one to four outputs. The MSD-7204UHD provides seven inputs, three HDMI 2.0 outputs and four full 4K, 4:4:4 @ 60Hz outputs support the HDMI 2.0 protocol. Two of the inputs are universal, accepting both digital and analog inputs. With its integrated scan convertor, processing capabilities and uptime-assurance tools, the MSD serves as an easy to use, universal, 4K capable switch.
Demand for practical, UHD (Ultra High Definition) signals with HDR (High Dynamic Range) continues to grow. This demand is being driven by the following requirements and industry expectations:
- Today’s nearly exclusive emphasis on 4K digital A/V signal sources and displays.
- Fast Switching of input sources without the delay of image resizing/ aspect ratio conversion.
- The wide color gamut, enriching the viewing experience for entertainment and meeting the industry demand required in critical applications including medical imaging.
· Adherence to the HDMI 2.0 standards which supports 18Gb of data to support 4K video at 60 frames per second and high dynamic range as recommended by the ITU-Rec. 2020 standard. (ITU-R Recommendation BT.2020, more commonly known by the abbreviations Rec. 2020 or BT.2020, defines various aspects of UHDTV such as display resolution, frame rate, chroma subsampling, bit depth and color space).
No longer do users need to view images limited by the bandwidth of their switching system. The ability to output video signals without compression or additional processing is here. The ability to upscale signals to a match the display capability is also included with the MSD 7200 series of products. Connection to 4K direct view displays or projectors is controlled by the CEC or PJ Link protocols passed through the switcher. RS-232 and contact closure connections are also provided allowing you to make the MSD 7200 product the command center of your system. The included iOS or Android app can allow you to program and control the switcher features including; test signal generation, volume control on the input and outputs. Coupled with with integrated cable EQ, unique uptime-assurance tools like port level system status reporting, automatic recovery from HDCP errors or display blackout, the MSD series is a versatile solution that a valuable tool for in any application.
- UP to 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 (18Gbps signal input)
- 3 Baseband HDMI 2.0 inputs
- HDCP 1.4/2.2
- Built-in Scan converter
- Aspect ratio control
- Seamless switching
- A/D, D/A audio conversion
- EDID emulation
- Lip sync adjustment
- RS-232C, LAN, CEC, Contact closure
- Out of the box operation assured by factory default settings
IDK has recognized that an effective solutions portfolio requires the ability to manage all signal formats. Doing so requires solid baseband signal processing core along with high performance IP distribution, routing and delivery. The MSD Series of switchers were the first released switchers to incorporate a built-in scan convertor. IDK continues to develop technology and has been committed since the introduction of the 4K format, to keep up with the challenges of the client base.
IDK Corporation is a customer-focused Japanese manufacturer and has been serving the needs of the demanding Japanese Pro-AV market for over 26 years. Each of our products is proudly designed, developed, manufactured, and rigorously tested at our own facilities in Japan. IDK’s continuing success, together with an expanding worldwide demand for sophisticated, high quality and high performance solutions is enabling IDK’s enthusiastic response to the needs of the global Pro-AV community.
Now servicing the Americas from our Connecticut headquarters in Brookfield.
Contact: Robert Pennington
72 Grays Bridge Rd. Unit 1C
Brookfield CT, 06804